Sunday, February 24, 2013

I fell off the wagon...

I used to be a neat freak.

There I said it, I admit it.  I used to be such a neat freak in fact that I would clean my roommate's side of the room.  For the first three years of my college experience that's how I was, and it was great.  My room was always clean my sanity stayed pretty stable because of it as well.   Well my friends this year I fell off the wagon HARD.  Like so hard I hit my head and entered a coma.

I'm too ashamed to fully describe the madness to you, but I will say it's getting difficult to find all of my shoes-- NOT GOOD!  I am usually very organized: my desktop is pristine, everything on my hard drive is in the appropriate labeled folder, my thesis binder has dividers, and my agenda is color coded.  See, I am organized!!

I am going to blame it on the fact that this year my roommates and I are renting an unfurnished single family house (it's pretty hard to find furnished home space).  What does this mean?   This means that we are college students on a budget so we have to get creative with how we use space.  My room, for example, does not have a closet.  So I had to build one using some huge eye hooks, curtain rods and curtains to help hide my clothes a bit.

I made sure everything has a place to go, but with the curtain closet the room still look very messy even when things are clean and organized.  So, why clean if it's still going to look a mess.  Honestly, I just need to get over that.  Today will be the day I will clean. I just have to keep telling myself that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Anything & Anywhere