Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bridal Shower Craft: Shower Favors

For the Bridal Shower, I thought the best theme to fit Em's personality and wedding would be a tea-party.  Her colors were pink, soft gold, and ivory.  I know, super femme.  I loved it! :) 

Anyway, the first thing I worked after I nailed down a date and place (5 weeks before her wedding, on a sunday & Em's mom's house in a suburb of Kansas City), was a favor.  

I went to big lots and stocked up on mason jars.  One 12 pk was only $6!  So I bought around 6 boxes of 12 to insure I had extras.  




Next I put all of the mason jars through the washing machine.  Then I hand-washed the lids and let them dry. 

After everything dried I spray painted the flat part of the lid (I had no idea what they're called) with chalkboard paint. And let it dry and replied. 


And put it all together: 




I found the pink & white twine from etsy and the pink chalk I chose to write with from the dollar store.  In the end, I decided not to go with the little paper sayings because I had to ship them all the way to Kansas from Baltimore.  

When I got to Kansas I bought some tea bags from the grocery store.  I went with just standard Bigelow English Breakfast, because I wasn't sure of everyone's taste. 

End everyone seemed to love them.  People can actually use them after they get home! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Anything & Anywhere