Sunday, October 6, 2013

Other Bridesmaids

When you are the Maid of Honor, chances are you are not the only bridesmaid.  Unless of course, you're the only bridesmaid at a sweet and low-key wedding.  In that case, the below info probably won't apply to you.

There can be anywhere from 1 other bridesmaid to 12 other bridesmaids.  Seriously, I had a teacher in high school who had 13 bridesmaids.  It can be odd to be the 1 gal that is singled out.  In the wedding hierarchy, you're up there.  So, how's that feel?

It can be wonderful and scary at the same time.  In the wedding I was in, I didn't really know the other gals.  I had heard all their names and seen their pictures on facebook, but that's about it.  It felt really weird to know that since my Bride and I were in a LDF (Long Distance Friendship), most of her other bridesmaids pretty much hung out all the time.

Tips to Getting to Know the Other Bridesmaids:

  •  Friend them on Facebook
I know this sounds so basic, but nowadays it really starts the foundation of the relationship.  It's easier to have a mass Facebook message thread to communicate.  You can see each other's personalities and start to have a real relationship. 
  •  Invite to Pinterest Board
Are you a Pinner?  I sure am.  I started a secret board and invited all the bridesmaids to join it for the bridal shower & bachelorette party inspiration.  If you're not yet a pinner, I highly recommend getting on pinterest.  It's way easier than googling shower & bachelorette ideas. 
  •  Co-planning Bridal Shower
While you maybe the 'hostess' of the party, definitely invite the bridesmaids to participate.  It will help with costs and can be a great way to bond.  
  •  Have a Bridesmaid Day
Go out to brunch or lunch, go to a movie, just go shopping for the parties.  Whatever you do, definitely have a bridesmaid day without the bride.  You get to learn about everyone and create a memory.  In those awkward silent moments you can refer back to this. Plus, it can be lots of fun. :) 

Well that's about all I hate.  Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to how to bond with the other bridesmaids? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Anything & Anywhere